The Davis Hill PTA is proud to announce this year’s tournament date:
Saturday, June 4th / Holden Hills Country Club
- Interested players can download the registration form and those received before May 1st receive an on-course advantage!
- Interested Businesses can support Davis Hill by becoming a Tournament Sponsor!! Please see our Sponsorship form for more information.
- JOIN US at our next planning meeting: Monday, April 11th,@7pm. Mexicali Fresh Mex Grille, Main St, Holden.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Davis Hill PTA Needs YOU!
Vice President / “Volunteers Coordinator”
What does the Davis Hill PTA do, exactly?
- Community Events sponsored by the PTA include: Fall Festival, Holiday Fair, Family Movie Nights, Arts & Crafts Night, Teacher Appreciation luncheons, Giddyup Gala, and more!
- Student Fun like The School Store, Spirit Wear Sales, Food Pantry donation collections.
- Our PTA pays the busing costs for all field trips.
- Our PTA provides Enrichment programs for each of our grade levels. This year, we were able to provide three programs per grade – the highest supplemental programs of all Holden elementary schools! Examples of Enrichment programs have included: Birds of Prey, “Physical Changes of Matter” and “Rocks & Minerals” by The Discovery Museum, The ZooMobile, ImprovBoston, and many more!
- Our PTA supports student programs like “Bullying Prevention,” Autism Awareness, and others.
- Our PTA supports our teachers and staff with classroom equipment where requested.
Please consider volunteering
in order to keep these great traditions alive at
Davis Hill Elementary School!
Days Until April Break!
Days until ForeTheKids Golf Tournament!
The 2015-2016 Board Members Are:
President: Christina Soderman
Vice President (Enrichments): Deanna Yahres
Vice President (Volunteers): Allison Lowe
Secretary: Sejal Daga
You may contact us in any of the following ways:
Post: Davis Hill PTA, 70 Jamieson Rd, Holden, MA 01520
Or call the school and ask school secretary, Mrs. Pat Johnson, to please leave a message in the PTA mailbox: 508-829-1754.
The final date for the 2015-2016 PTA Meetings
- are different nights of the week
- on alternating months,
- at different times
- in Room 237
Monday, May 16th @ 7pm
Babysitting is provided during the meeting free of charge.
We support the Wachusett Food Pantry by taking food donations on the first Wednesday of every month, September – June. In fact, our school is the biggest single donor to the pantry, after their main fundraiser The Holden Road Race.
We collect non-perishable, non-expired food items of any kind but for fun, we have a “Theme” each month with a corresponding fun theme for the kids that participate. It is an excellent opportunity for our students to contribute to our greater community and have fun at the same time!
If you are available on Wednesday mornings, please consider helping collect & transport the food from Davis Hill to the pantry’s West Boylston location! Email us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection Date / Food Collection Theme / Fun Theme
May 4th / “Cake-Brownie Mix” / Spirit Wear Day (Students wear their favorite “Davis Hill” shirts, shorts, or pants.)
June 1st / “Drinks & Drink Mixes” / Crazy Hat-Crazy Hair Day
Once each month, thanks to a dedicated volunteer, Ms. Andrea Olson, the “School Store” is open with items available for purchase to the students. A table is set up outside the cafeteria during lunch times and after eating, students are allowed to peruse and shop for various items. Folder, pencils, erasers, “grippies,” bookmarks and the like are available. This year, Ms. Olson is excited about adding new items to the store, so keep your eyes out for some cool new things for sale!
The FINAL School Store will be open on May 6th.
Please see the calendar for School Store Dates and reminders and updates will gladly be posted on our Facebook Page.
Note: This service is referred to as the “School Store” in order to differentiate it from the “Spirit Wear” sale where items of clothing (Tshirts, flannel pants, sweatshirts, etc.) with the Davis Hill logo are available for purchase at separate times.
Simply have your child bring clipped Box Tops for Education Labels to the school. Volunteers will submit the counted labels to General Mills, who in turn give us ten cents for each Box Top! This may seem insignificant, but with all of us working together it adds up quickly.
For every submission of 25 box tops (in zip-lock bags or on the downloaded sheets), your child will be entered to win a Raffle drawing that is held on the last Friday of every month and announced during morning school announcements!
The final dates of the 2015-2016 Box Top Raffle Drawings are:
(Fridays) May 27th, and June 17th.
Or you can do your online shopping through their website and our PTA gets a donation every time!
Special Events Planned for Our School, Sponsored by the PTA:
Saturday, June 4th – FORE! THE KIDS GOLF TOURNAMENT